Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Reflection and direction with a blog...

Ulises Ali Mejias has posted something interesting:
In this post, I employ the rubric proposed by Boote & Beile (2005) to determine whether blogging can be considered a form of literature review. I also make some suggestions for how blogging may be incorporated formally into the research and writing activities of some doctoral students, although it certainly might not be useful to others. I am not suggesting that this single post is my literature review; I am merely providing a map that outlines how my blogging during the past years constitutes a form of ongoing literature review

Even though a 'literature review' is not part of my thinking I feel that his arguments are analogous to the application for candidacy that I have to submit by the end of the year. It is also worth having a look at the comments people have made in response to his ideas.

While this blog is useful for me,
guidance from Kathy Sierra is very welcome on what may be in it for other people in this is a potentially very public forum. She gives us a Crash Course in Learning Theory and blogs.Posted by Picasa

No comments: